• Vanessa posted an update in the group Group logo of CelebrateCelebrate 5 years, 9 months ago

    This is the rest of my crew lol. Diego the snake, Starla the canary and Spunky the chinchilla 💖
    • Each of them has a personality I can see. I like snakes and worms, and think they get a bad rap sometimes. How big is Diego? Starla is the perfect name for a canary, and Spunky looks to be just that . Thanks for letting us meet them, and keep us updated on them.
        • Diego is hard to measure because he likes to curl up lol. We estimate he’s about
          4 1/2-5 feet long.
            • Wow, that’s impressive. What type of snake id Diego? How old, and how long do they usually live? Now, do all of them get along, or do you separate them? I find this very interesting.
                • He is a corn snake and they live up to 20 years in captivity. I was told he’d stop growing around 6 feet or so but every critter is different. I do keep them all separated although I’d love to get a family photo but it would be too difficult. Especially since Starla is very jumpy and Spunky came to us after being returned by his previous owner. For some reason he doesn’t like to be held and refuses to sit still. I love them all anyway 🥰
                    • You make me smile and laugh with your backgrounds and stories, and I really enjoy this. Thank you! I’m not familiar with Corn Snakes, but will now look into them. He’s caught my eye :-). Canaries can be very affectionate and smart, so maybe Starla will come around in time and let you love on her, but I don’t know anything about Chinchilla’s. Do they usually like to be held? It sounds as if you have a lot of patience , obviously a huge capacity for caring, and are having a cheerful, if challenging, time. You simply must send more pictures and keep us in the loop with them all! If you get some holiday pics, please, share them. And have a fun, furry, feathery holiday!
            • Vanessa posted an update in the group Group logo of CelebrateCelebrate 5 years, 9 months ago

              My cat Vinny getting ready for Christmas! He will be 8 in April.
              • Yo’ Vinny :-). He’ s sooo handsome, and do I detect a ‘catitude there ๐Ÿ˜• I like a cat who gets into the holidays. Very patient and tolerant of them, do you think? He looks very much like my cat – I call her Cat (and Beauty Girl). She is black with a tiny bit of white under her chin. She loves paper and plastic, so the holidays are purrrfect for her. She’s probably too old for Vinny though – she’ll be 17 in March!
              • Vanessa posted a new activity comment 5 years, 9 months ago

                I had another Guinea pig named Luna but she passed away after just a year. I also had another parakeet named Daisy and she was with us for six years. Now I have Vinny, my cat who will be 8 in April; Spunky, my chinchilla but I’m not sure how old he is; Diego, my corn snake who is about 10 years old and I just got Starla, a canary for my birthday in August and I’m not sure of her age though. Yes it’s very hard especially around the holidays. But I’m hoping they’re in heaven and know we will see each other again. I also hope my current pets feel all the love I give them and will be with me for a long time.
                  • Wow – how wonderful – you have a house full of love, and in so many fabulous critters. You really must send us pictures of them. If you want, send them in our Celebrate page, but here is fine.
                    These doggone holidays, huh? Memories come back and while it’s hard, it can also bring really good memories, which is what I hope for you. Toni
                  • Kay Zamora posted a new activity comment 5 years, 9 months ago

                    Thank you, Toni for your kind words. Even after he passed we would hear him and I also captured an orb where he use to lay by the front door. He was just a wonderful smart Cocker Spaniel. The only problem with dogs is they don’t live long enough. Have a MERRY CHRISTMAS.💜💜💜
                      • Hello Kay. Is that Sonic? i can see why and how you miss him … his eyes are so sweet, and he is just precious. So shiny. It’s hard, isn’t it? Especially at the holidays. I am so sorry for your loss, and hope you have more smiles than tears when you think of dear Sonic. I hope you will stay involved with our community and lend your sympathetic words to others who are similarly missing their beloved pets. Please have as good a holiday as possible, stay safe, and stay in touch. Toni
                          • Thank you, Toni for your kind words. Even after he passed we would hear him and I also captured an orb where he use to lay by the front door. He was just a wonderful smart Cocker Spaniel. The only problem with dogs is they don’t live long enough. Have a MERRY CHRISTMAS.💜💜💜
                        • Wish my precious pooch was still with us. It’s been 4 years and we still miss him so much💔

                        • Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas!

                        • Melissa Evans posted a new activity comment 5 years, 9 months ago

                          I’m always welcoming new friends in my life.
                          • Vanessa posted a new activity comment 5 years, 9 months ago

                            Sherman was a Guinea pig I had for 7 years and Rockie was a parakeet I had for 11 years. Sherman passed two years ago and Rockie was in 2012.
                              • That’s so sweet, Vanessa. Whatever the form pet love comes in, it’s so wonderful, and when they leave us, it’s such a loss, but also such a joy to have had them share a part of our lives. I know you miss them, especially at this time of the year, and always will, but hopefully your good memories supercede your sadness. Do you have other pets now? If so, please share that joy with us in our Celebrate section. Best wishes for the holiday season, and please stay involved lending your own sympathies and support to other community members. Toni
                                  • I had another Guinea pig named Luna but she passed away after just a year. I also had another parakeet named Daisy and she was with us for six years. Now I have Vinny, my cat who will be 8 in April; Spunky, my chinchilla but I’m not sure how old he is; Diego, my corn snake who is about 10 years old and I just got Starla, a canary for my birthday in August and I’m not sure of her age though. Yes it’s very hard especially around the holidays. But I’m hoping they’re in heaven and know we will see each other again. I also hope my current pets feel all the love I give them and will be with me for a long time.
                                      • Wow – how wonderful – you have a house full of love, and in so many fabulous critters. You really must send us pictures of them. If you want, send them in our Celebrate page, but here is fine.
                                        These doggone holidays, huh? Memories come back and while it’s hard, it can also bring really good memories, which is what I hope for you. Toni
                                  • Cody posted a new activity comment 5 years, 9 months ago

                                    Such a good girl
                                    • sharon posted an update 5 years, 9 months ago

                                      2 yrs ago tommorrow,I lost my best friend of 17 yrs!It still stinks and it still hurts! he was a rescue that I found at a shelter.

                                      • Oh no, Sharon, that is so awful at any time, but especially during the holidays. They seem to make everything more intense. Especially this year of extreme challenges in the world. Two years, two months, two weeks….time doesn’t matter if you are grieving. Everyone heals, or not, at their own pace. I hope you are, and will, find smiles coming more often than tears at some time. Please let us know how you fare through the holidays. Here’s a HUG. Toni
                                      • Melissa Evans posted a new activity comment 5 years, 9 months ago

                                        I had flirt for ten years in nc. When I moved to pa I got angel then darkness and boston. They all had health problems I did everything I could they helped me with my cancer surgerys and other health problems.
                                          • Through sickness and in health – that’s what a commitment is. You each were there for one another. Are you doing well now? Will you welcome new faithful friends into your heart and home? Please let me know how you are.
                                          • Joanne posted a new activity comment 5 years, 9 months ago

                                            It was this Christmas
                                              • Anniversaries are hard enough, but holidays seem to amplify it. I am truly sorry. I hope you will be kind to yourself, and let your feelings flow. You are welcome to share them with us. I’ll be thinking of you and Bandit, Joanne. Let me know if I can help support you.
                                              • Joanne posted an update 5 years, 9 months ago

                                                Bandit was my companion and protector and extremely loyal. He was always by my side. We did everything together.
                                                • Hi again Joanne. He’s a cutie alright. What Christmas was this? The holidays are especially hard because we have specific memories of those past, do you think? Are you finding more smiles than tears? That comes with time. I hope this holiday, with all it’s strangeness, is not too hard for you. Please ,let us know how it is. Here is a HUG for you……
                                                    • It was this Christmas
                                                        • Anniversaries are hard enough, but holidays seem to amplify it. I am truly sorry. I hope you will be kind to yourself, and let your feelings flow. You are welcome to share them with us. I’ll be thinking of you and Bandit, Joanne. Let me know if I can help support you.
                                                      • OH MY GAWD! Those eyes! How …how…deep, and touching. I’m so, so sorry about your loss. Please tell us more….
                                                      • Joanne posted a new activity comment 5 years, 9 months ago

                                                        Bandit was a Catahoula Leopard dog and was my best friend. He went through a lot growing up from the day he was born. First being taken from his mom to early and then get beaten on a regular basis. I found him when he was 6 years old. He was very aggressive at first but we became best friends. He had to cross over the Rainbow Bridge on 12/4/2020 he was in so much pain I had to make the hardest decision ever but I know he is no longer in pain.
                                                          • Oh goodness, Joanne. You are right, of course – the kindest, most loving gift we can give back is the ultimate act of helping them find relief and release from pain. We know that, but the emotional pain is so hard. I am so, so sorry and hope we can help you get through the pain by letting you know that at some point, some day, a smile of fond memories will come before a tear. You have to let us know how you are doing, please. I’m thinking of you, and sending you a hug. Oh, I am not familiar with Catahoula Leopard dog. When you are up to it, will you send us some pictures, and tell us about them? Toni
                                                          • Janeen Alexandre posted a new activity comment 5 years, 9 months ago

                                                            Hi Toni. My Hollywood was a pitbull. He was 11 years old when he passed. He was my best buddy, my kisser of tears, and sweet boy. He passed away 5 years in August. I miss him everyday day am so blessed to be his fur mama. We have another pit Goober who we talk about his big brother Hollywood to him all the time.
                                                              • Linda, what breeds were Shadow and Chubby Boy? They look really comfortable and sweet. What can you tell us about them? Toni
                                                              • Sherry smith posted a new activity comment 5 years, 9 months ago

                                                                I don’t think the pain ever goes away just becomes a little less sharp again my condolences the memories are the worse one minute you are fine and then something that the animal did or liked etc triggers the memory
                                                                • Sherry smith posted a new activity comment 5 years, 9 months ago

                                                                  definitely a bit lonely without him but I really think my sons adopted cat is chavo come back just because of the things this cat does really weird we were lucky to have a funeral parlor that does a wonderful service for the animals that helped us at least knowing he was taken cae of
                                                                  • Load More