Hi Doc! Wondering if you have any suggestions for our folks on here during Halloween? Are there any safety concerns or words of wisdom you can share? Thanks!
There are several safety concerns for our pets when it comes to Halloween. Most importantly do not allow your pet to ingest any candy/treats that are in the household. Ingestion of certain types of candy can cause significant toxicity issues leading to serious health concerns. Eating these treats can also inflammation of the stomach, intestines or pancreas, leading to vomiting, diarrhea, and anorexia.
If you have a fearful or anxious pet, then kids in costumes may cause increased fear and anxiety and these types of situations should be avoided.